Today, carpet is considered The Most popular floor covering after linoleum. Since not everyone has the opportunity to make warm floors at home or buy a carpet made of natural wool. therefore, The best option is a carpet, inexpensive and decent.
such a floor covering is suitable for any room where the air humidity does not exceed 75%, that is, for a bathroom, such a floor will not work. Laying carpet does not require special training from you. it can Be laid absolutely on any surface and even on TOP of linoleum.
Rules for laying carpet
In order for the carpet to be laid correctly, during its laying it is necessary to take into account several important rules, namely:
- It is not necessary to lay a substrate under the carpet, it is not required. Such a floor covering can be laid even on a bare concrete surface. Only, before you start laying carpet, the surface should be well prepared so that everything is clean.
- About a few days before you start laying the coating, it needs to be evenly spread out so that the carpet gets used to room temperature and during installation, there are no unnecessary problems.
- The room temperature should be at least 15 degrees Celsius. But the temperature of the adhesive base and the coating itself is not less than 17 degrees Celsius.
The main methods of laying carpet
Spread out the carpet freely, this means simply putting it on top of the surface that is without the use of glue and other bonding agents. This method is perfect for balconies, small dressing rooms, and terraces. In general, in those rooms where furniture is minimal. This method involves laying the carpet on the floor with a trough, and at the joints and corners always cut V-shaped cutouts at an angle of 90 degrees, and then cut it around the perimeter. In order not to cut the coating with uncomfortable scissors, you can buy a special roller for cutting carpet, so it will be much easier.
laying carpet with a stretcher.
To do this, you must:
- thoroughly clean the entire surface.
- fix the grippers exactly around the perimeter of the room, with small nails in the area of the wall.
- the gripper is such a rail with nails, on which the carpet is stretched.
- If there are uneven edges, they need to be carefully trimmed, as soon as the laying of the carpet is completed. You do not need to immediately start walking on it, you need to let the tape dry. This will take about a day, so it is best to wait for the installation of furniture and absolutely not go into the room.
laying carpet with glue.
There are only two main methods of adhesive carpet laying: double and single sizing.
The first option is suitable for uneven, bumpy surfaces. The second will be an excellent option for a flat floor. During the laying of the coating, instead of adhesive tape, special glue for the carpet is used, which must be applied with a notched spatula. very important, before laying the carpet on the glue, you need to allow the floor to dry completely after washing. The carpet is cut in the same way as with free laying, while not wrapping the edge.
the glue must be applied exactly along the perimeter, not on the coating itself, but on the floor. Lay the carpet on the glue quickly, otherwise, the glue can dry out and all the work will be in vain.